You’ll love doing this Magic Milk experiment with your friend!
Supplies you will need:
- Food Coloring
- Shallow dish (plastic lid or plate)
- Dish soap
- Small plastic cup (medicine cup or shot-glass size)
- First, pour milk into a shallow dish and add some drops of food coloring.
- Now, to make your “Magic Toothpick” pour some dish soap into a small plastic cup and dip the end of the toothpick into the soap.
- Have your friend touch the milk with the “Magic Toothpick” and watch the colors instantly shoot out creating a wake of rainbows!
- Help your friend dip the toothpick into the color first and then into the milk to create rings.
- Do it a few more times and then just sit back and watch. As the soap breaks the surface tension of the milk, the colors dance around all by themselves!
Note: If your friend has a hard time holding a toothpick, use the handle of a plastic spoon instead.