This fun science project is guaranteed to impress your friend!
Supplies you will need:
- Empty Seltzer or Tall Water Bottle
- Food Coloring
- Vegetable Oil
- Alka Seltzer® Tablets
- Funnel or Measuring Cup with Spout
- Using the funnel or measuring cup, have your friend fill 3/4 of the bottle with vegetable oil.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water, leaving about an inch from the top.
- Now, it’s time to add about 10 drops of food coloring. You and your friend will love this part! It’s awesome to see the way the food coloring stays in droplet form while it moves through the oil and only mixes when it hits the water at the bottom.
- Break up the Alka Seltzer® tablet into several pieces (about 4) and have your friend drop them into the solution one at a time. (Don’t put them in all at once) Watch what happens! You can repeat the activity with other bottles, using different colored food coloring.