Hand Print Mask Craft
Create unique masks using your own hand prints and a few other supplies.
Supplies you will need:
- Different Colored Cardstock/Construction Paper
- Decorating Supplies
- Start out by helping your friend trace their hands on two different colored pieces of paper.
- Once the hands are traced, they need to be cut out. Make sure to round out the bottom (wrist area) below the palms instead of cutting straight across.
- Help your friend hold up each hand to their eyes and gently mark where the eye holes should be to get an idea before cutting. Keep in mind that the palms of the hands should overlap each other by an inch.
- Cut an eye hole in the center of each hand.
- Overlap the palm area of the hand about an inch and glue the hand cut-outs together.
- Now it’s time to decorate!
- Once the mask is decorated, set it aside to dry while moving on to the mask handle.
- Take a sheet of paper and roll it tightly, starting in one corner and rolling on the diagonal.
- Once the entire sheet of paper is rolled, tape the end down to keep it in a tight tube. Another option is to use a craft stick or short dowel as a handle.
- Use tape to attach one end of the handle to the back of the mask as shown in the picture.